In general, the Archives will collect:
- Policy statements, annual reports, subject reports, statistical summaries, correspondence, photographs, and other papers.
- Official University publications: catalogs, student newspapers and literary magazines, yearbooks, alumni magazines, newsletters, admissions and fund-raising brochures, programs of events.
- Papers of retired faculty.
- Alumni memoirs, diaries, photographs, scrapbooks, correspondence, or other documents relating to the individual’s affiliation with Middle Georgia State University.
- Clippings and photographs relating to the campus, university personnel, alumni, and students.
The Archives generally will not collect:
- Books, articles, or records simply because they were owned by someone associated with the University.
- Routine financial or enrollment records of the University and its students.
The final decision as to whether an item will be accepted into or retained in the Archives will be made by the Library Director. Considerations will include whether the item fits the mission of the Archives and its collection policies, as well physical and financial capacity of the Archives.