Requesting Books via GIL Express
GIL Express -- allows authorized users to request circulating books from any of the USG libraries to be delivered to the USG library of your choice. Books may be returned to any USG library. This service covers USG books only.
- Look for books to order via MGA's GIL-Find book catalog
- Use the drop-down arrow next to the search box and choose “University System of Georgia” to search all USG college libraries.
- Make sure you are logged in to GIL-Find.
- Then, use the request feature to have books owned by any USG Library to be delivered to any other USG library.
- For more information on GIL Express, see below.
GIL Express is a resource sharing program that allows faculty, staff and currently enrolled students of all University System of Georgia (USG) libraries to borrow books from from all eligible circulating collections in the USG libraries. This is a service for books only. Other types of resources, including journal articles, may be obtained using MGA’s Interlibrary Loan service. Click here for the Interlibrary Loan page.
There are two ways to access the material:
Visit the USG GIL Express website for a complete description of the policies and procedures. Please contact Ebony Lucas (Dublin), April Warren (Cochran and Eastman), or Bonita Tharpe (Macon and Warner Robins) to learn more about GIL Express. Click here for the staff directory.
After searching the University System of Georgia in GIL-Find, you may locate a book that you would like to request and have it sent to one of MGA's campuses. This tutorial provides you with the necessary steps to do this. Having access to other libraries' books is a great benefit and extremely helpful in research.