The MLA Handbook is mostly used by high school and college students and was most recently updated in 2016. It gives step-by-step advice on every aspect of writing papers, from selecting a topic to submitting the completed paper. It provides an authoritative presentation of MLA documentation style for use in student writing.
The most recent edition of the MLA Handbook is kept at the Information Desk in the Library.
MLA Handbook, 8th edition. New York: MLA, 2016.
For specific details and examples on citing sources within a paper and on creating a Works Cited page, mouseover the "MLA Style" tab above and choose the appropriate subpage.
Click here for a brief guide to citing in MLA format.
Additional information on MLA style may be found at these websites:
If you get stuck at any time during your search, a librarian will be glad to help you.
- By phone, call:
- 478-471-2709 for the Macon campus library
- 478-934-3179 for the Roberts Memorial Library at the Cochran campus
- 478-275-6772 for the Dublin campus library
- 478-374-6833 for the Eastman campus library
- 478-929-6804 for the Warner Robins campus library
- On the Go? Text-A-Librarian: 478-285-4898