In early 2012, the University System of Georgia’s Board of Regents recommended the consolidation of Macon State College, which was founded in 1968 in Macon, Georgia, and Middle Georgia College, which was founded in 1884 in Cochran, Georgia. The consolidation became official on January 8, 2013, creating Middle Georgia State with campuses in Macon, Cochran, Dublin, Eastman, and Warner Robins.
The Archives of the former Middle Georgia College are maintained in the Roberts Library on the Cochran campus of Middle Georgia State University.
The Archives of the former Macon State College are maintained in the Library on the Macon campus of Middle Georgia State University.
For the newly-formed Middle Georgia State University, the primary Archives for the entire institution, comprising all five campuses, will be housed in the Cochran Campus Library.
In addition to the colleges' Archives, the Library holds and maintains several special collections:
478-471-2709 for the Macon campus library | 478-934-3179 for the Roberts Memorial Library at the Cochran campus | 478-275-6772 for the Dublin campus library
478-374-6833 for the Eastman campus library | 478-929-6804 for the Warner Robins campus library | On the Go? Text-A-Librarian: 478-285-4898
Middle Georgia State University Library
Book an Appointment With a Librarian