The Middle Georgia State University Archives has been established:
- To appraise, collect, organize, describe, preserve, and make available select College records of historical value;
- To provide facilities for the retention, preservation, servicing, and research use of such records;
- to provide documentation of the development and growth of the College, including its physical plant and grounds, and its role in the state of Georgia and the middle Georgia community;
- To provide documentation of the activities of students, faculty, administrators, and alumni as they relate to the College;
- To serve as a research center for the study of the College’s history by members of the Middle Georgia State University community and the scholarly community at large;
- To serve in a public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins, programs, and goals of the College and their development.
Holdings of the Archives will be open to all patrons conducting research; however, materials housed in the Archives do not circulate because of rarity and historic value.